Thursday, June 13, 2013

One thousand four-hundred thirty-eight

I burned 1,428 calories today. Which I used to have small, but amazing late birthday celebration at the river followed by baby back ribs, baked potatoes, and brussel sprouts. Turning 29 was fun, I was spoiled (my family is extremely low key with birthdays). My parents bought me a scarf, a trivet, paint brushes (yay!), and a butterfly decoration for my car. My sister is sending a new case for my iPhone, and my Grandparents always send money - which I used to buy the dress in my last post. Of course I got myself presents too, mainly my computer and a gym membership.

After we went swimming today I headed to my new gym and got everything set up. Then I ran for the first time in over a week. I've been so scared of getting dizzy that I just stopped trying. With some encouragement I was able to at least get on the treadmill... which of course is easier, so I ran harder and I am feeling it now! I tried out the elliptical and the stationary bike and hope to give the other machines a chance later on. This gym is open 24 hours (a rarity in our tiny community) and far from fancy, but it has the tools to get the job done. It's right on my way to and from work, so my plan is to utilize it on my way home on work days, and then use the road on the days I have off.

It's time to pack lunches and I am SO tired of the monotony of what I pack. Always leftovers, veggies, and salad. This week I am trying to break it up a little. Here is what I'm packing, keep in mind I eat all three daily meals at work...

Chili & Garlic Salmon with capri vegetables
Broccoli, sugar snap peas, and cheese.
Spinach and balsamic strawberry salad.
Mashed sweet potato
Blueberries
Banana
Lemon or Peach Greek Yogurt
Sun Tea

Hopefully the variety will keep me interested and out of the cafeteria, where I tend to make bad choices. Next week (or maybe the week after) I plan to use a meal plan from Happy Herbivore. It's plant based and gluten free which makes it easy to stick to the type of diet I tend to function best on. I will probably keep eating yogurt (I hate soy yogurt), honey, fish, and very occasionally meat or dairy. I bought a month subscription though, so I am going to try and stick to what I paid for.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a fantastic birthday!!!! And I love that you got a gym membership to a place that's on the way to work. A conveniently located gym is a well-used gym!

    ReplyDelete