Sunday, June 23, 2013

Crazy Choices!

The 10 days have not been all that great. Between the crazy work schedule, a change in my meds, payday, and some unneeded drama I am whooped. There ups and downs with my eating, some days were better than others. My sleep suffered so much that one day I crashed in town on friends couch instead of brave the 45 minute drive home.

I have decided to move. The cottage I live in now is serene, and when I first moved in the distance from town was perfect. It kept me from using shopping as therapy and helped me realize how important downtime is after work. I also became much more comfortable behind the wheel, and learned to drive while tired. 

Unforgettably there are times I am simply too tired. 45 minutes each way and 12 hour shifts eat in to the time I have to sleep while home. Another reason I've decided to move is school. It's time to go back, and I can't afford the gas to drive both to work and college. After writing out a pros and cons list I decided it was time to go. Hopefully I will find out Wednesday if the place I looked at in town is mine!

As much as I will miss the cheap rent, gorgeous yard, and quiet community I am looking forward to being less than 2 miles from my work, doctor, psychiatrist, a gym, the store, college, and my friends. Even though the rent will be more expensive, I will still be saving money on gas and laundry, since there are washer/dryer hook-ups. I'll have to get some furniture, since the cottage came partially furnished, a dining table or desk, an end table and coffee table, rugs, oh... and a washer and a dryer.

School, moving... It's been a crazy week in my head and instead of running it out I indulged in food. Tuesday's weigh-in isn't going to be pretty. I am slowly getting myself back on track and hope to handle the upcoming changes in a healthier way.

No comments:

Post a Comment