Thursday, December 22, 2011

Propane, how I love thee.


Every day I am left in awe of the wonderful people I call neighbors. I have mentioned their generosity before, and can't stop smiling when I think about everything they have taught me, and helped me with the past few weeks.

When I got home from work today there was a fire ring sitting beside my picnic table. All I have to do is decide where I want it... they will do the rest, including getting me wood. HEAT. Wonderful. The nights have been cold here, and I love to sit outside and breath... I am looking forward to my first fire.

The best part of the night though, was another neighbor helping me connect my propane tank to the motor-home. It has been interesting, cooking with a counter-top oven and a hot plate. When the hot plate stopped working I was heating up water in the microwave and crock-pot... dishes... sucked. 

My stove now works though! Hallelujah. The motor-home has a 24 gallon on board tank, but as this is my -home- I'd rather not go driving it every time it needs propane, so I was trying to hook up a small tank to the big tank. It required a special connection and an o-ring... and lots of time fiddling making sure everything worked and wasn't leaking. 

I made a steak tonight, and I swear... it tasted magnificent. Tomorrow we're going to get the hot water heating working, and I'll be able to shower at home, rather than having to go back and forth to The Park's shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment