Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Real Thing

I received a Kindle for my birthday this year, and instantly fell in love. As much as I adore 'real' books, I have read only one book with actual pages since June.

Technology is such a wonder... I saw two books on my friends Goodreads profile and added them to my to-read list. Once done she shipped them to me, and upon receiving them... I had to take a photo with Instagram and post about it on my blog.

I remember the first computer my parents brought home.. The beeper my Dad carried for emergency calls from the fire & police departments... The 1 megapixel camera that came free with an electronics purchase when I was in highschool. Now my phone does everything those things did and more.

There is still something special about receiving a package in the mail, and the smell of books... Something technology has yet to replicate.

Thanks for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment