Monday, December 17, 2012

All moved

Mid November I started to think about moving. On November 15th I posted on my Facebook that I was looking for a place. Offers flowed in, I looked at a few houses, spent a lot of time in prayer, and a lot of time talking to my family. I was determined to move ONLY if finances and the situation were right.

The Sunday before Thanksgiving I met a couple at church who were going to be looking for a new tenant soon. We chatted on the phone a few times, but I KNEW this was my place. God answered my prayers in a mighty way. The price was right, the situation was perfect, and I just had a feeling.

On December 2nd I saw the place for the first time, on December 5th I moved in my first load... Two days later I spent the night for the first time. It's amazing. After an initial adjustment period the cats both love it, and we are really settling in.

Last night we had a significant windstorm, for a little bit I was scared... But the cottage weathered the wind, and somehow the candlelit night made it seem even more like home.

The cottage is small. Tiny, by most American standards. There is a small sunroom, and then boom!, the rest (save the restroom) is all one room. Open floor plan lovers, this place is for you.

The openness is a bonus, since I was used to living/dining/sleeping being combined after a year in the RV. Unlike the RV, the cottage is spacious, has hot water, a flushing toilet, and a functioning kitchen!!

The entire process was a bit whirlwind, but I am just SO happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment